Our Journey to Taylor

Monday, March 21, 2005

Welcome Home Taylor!

Monday 8:32pm
WOW!
Well, we have Taylor! We met at the official office at 3:00 pm and verified a few pieces of information, waited a little bit and then they arrived. We were the second family to be joined and Taylor is absolutely amazing! NO tears (at least not while we were there). She is curious about everything and shy, if she doesn’t want you to look at her she will bury her head into my neck or turn the other way. She started to cling within 10 minutes, I thought maybe she wouldn’t want to be held or to have to face me, but when I turned her around on my lap she would squirm her way around again to that we had skin touching. Its an amazing feeling!
We were there about 1 ½ hours and got to meet Director Han and ask questions about schedules, names, routines, formulas and such. The director provided each of us with a small book of pictures from the orphanage and we got back the camera, blanket and teddy we had sent to Taylor in Suixi. I don’t know if she necessarily recognized the teddy, but it didn’t matter, she’s already recognizing me and Andy and that is what is important. Uncle Doug brought the camera over to the store across from the hotel and we should have the pictures tomorrow (they’d be ready tonight, but I’m as tired as Taylor is). She is sound asleep by the way.
Well, much to my surprise, when I laid her down on the floor to check her diaper and change her pants I left her laying there with some toys thinking she may want a little freedom…WRONG…you’ll never believe this but she rolled over, got herself up and walked to me with open arms and climbed on my lap! This was about 3 hours after she was first placed into my arms. Talk about a tearful event. My heart just flipped. She is totally amazing. We walked to dinner down the street where they had “boiled egg” for the children, its almost like a custard but no sugar and very little milk, our dear little girl ate all hers and then some of the extra! Her appetite doesn’t seem to be effected by the transition today. The only time she has cried though is when I tried to put her into the high chair to eat, I don’t think any of them have been in highchairs before as they all cried, that was the first and last time Taylor cried. Now Andy is off doing paperwork for tomorrow and Taylor fell asleep in my arms in Uncle Doug’s room while we were down loading pictures.
I think that I need to get into bed because tomorrow should be a full day.
Oh, the details, okay – Taylor is about 20 pounds (or a little more) tall and skinny, size 2 diapers is working right now but the 12 month clothes is defiantly not going to work for long so we’ll be shopping tomorrow – the size medium onesies fits perfect. Long and skinny and solidly built – that’s our daughter.
Good night all!

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 at 6:11 AM, Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

Congratulations from cyberspace. Nice to know another Suixi girl has a family. She is beautiful and sounds like she is handling the adjustment wonderfully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home